Lifetime Health Guarantee
Our puppies’ health and temperament are excellent to the best of our knowledge and belief at the time of sale. All puppies come with detailed health records (signed and stamped by licensed veterinarians).
1. We guarantee that the temperament of our puppies is sound. Suppose the buyer is not satisfied with the puppy, we will exchange it after ONE WEEK with an equal value puppy. For this matter, we require a certificate of a licensed veterinarian stating that the puppy is free from any viral/bacterial disease and is in generally good health.
2. The buyer shall not have the puppy vaccinated within seven days of arrival unless otherwise indicated on the shot record to protect the dog’s immune system from additional stress during the transition. The required vaccines and wormers are as indicated on the health record below:
3. We agree to warranty our puppies up to TEN YEARS with any provable genetic disorder that would prevent it from living an otherwise normal and healthy life; Guarantee will be honored if the licensed veterinarian diagnoses any genetic disorders stated below. The buyer’s licensed veterinarian must provide us with a written certificate stating the exact genetic disorder. We also require the submission of veterinary proof of such as lab reports and x-rays for review by a board-certified veterinary radiologist or OFA. X-rays of females must be submitted prior to pregnancy. If the buyer prefers to retain the said dog to avoid separation anxiety, he/she may purchase another puppy at a 50% discount; however, the buyer is responsible for shouldering all medical screening fees and the particular medications for the dog. Failure to do so voids the warranty.
Sub-Aortic Stenosis (SAS):
Congenital heart condition.
Progressive Retinal Atrophy (PRA):
Eye problems begin to display symptoms at about two years of age.
Osteochondrosis Dissecans (OCD):
An inflammatory condition that occurs when the diseased cartilage separates from the underlying bone.
“Spontaneous Lameness” causes pain in one leg and then another from day to day, affecting dogs between the ages of 5 to 18 months.
A seizure disorder.
Von Willebrand’s Disease (VWD):
A bleeding disorder. It impacts the dog’s ability to clot blood.
A “bleeders’ disease” due to insufficient blood clotting factors, usually accompanied by hematoma (pockets of blood under the skin), which is present from birth.
Degenerative Myelopathy (DM):
Neurologic disorder that affects the spinal cord in older dogs. The disease has an insidious onset typically between 5 and older in German Shepherd Dogs.
Hip Dysplasia (HD)/ Elbow Dysplasia (ED):
Result of the malformation of the hip joint(s) or developmental disorder of the bones associated with the elbow joint. This condition is both genetic and environmentally influenced. This disease is detectable between 24 and 28 months of age.
4. In the event of the death of the puppy/dog, due to life-threatening congenital disabilities, the buyer’s licensed veterinarian must provide the seller with a written certificate stating the exact cause of death as verified by a necropsy/autopsy. Suppose the death was caused by a genetic defect listed above and not neglect by the buyer, we will offer another puppy if an equal value at a 50% discount. In this case, the buyer should provide the microchip that was given by us. Schaffer’s Haus German Shepherds is not responsible for the contagious disease or accidental death.
If these regulations and the ones above are not met, the guarantee becomes null and void.
1. We give 72 HOURS to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian after receiving her/him to ensure her/his health status. We advise the buyer to request the veterinarian to perform a Complete Blood Count (CBC), serum biochemistry profile, urinalysis, and fecal parasites tests; therefore, we suggest that the buyer take a urine stool sample. The veterinary diagnosis must be submitted to us in a written certificate stating the exact health issue. The guarantee will be honored if the veterinarian finds the puppy to be in poor health. In this case, we will shoulder all the medical screening fees. The puppy must be immediately returned to us at our expenses and arrangements to replace equal value puppy with free shipment. If the buyer prefers to retain the said puppy to avoid stressing her/him, he/she may purchase another puppy at a 50% discount; however, the buyer is responsible for shouldering all medical screening fees and the treatment for the first puppy.
2. The puppy comes with an AKC registration paper, microchip, and detailed health records. The buyer receives all health records, including vaccines, deworming, or any treatment signed and stamped by a licensed veterinarian.
3. The buyer agrees to follow the vaccination and deworming schedule. The buyer shall not have the puppy vaccinated within seven days of arrival unless otherwise indicated on the shot record to protect the dog’s immune system from additional stress during the transition.
4. The buyer agrees to keep the puppy on the same diet (ROYAL CANIN MAXI PUPPY) without giving any treats or other brand/type of food (food that is never eaten before), which may cause Canine Digestive Tract Disorders, parasitism of the small intestine.; therefore, 7 – 10 days is necessary to ease your dog’s current food transition. This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.
5. The buyer must acknowledge that a quality diet is essential in maintaining the dog’s health and that overfeeding and excessive exercise early in the puppy’s life may cause it to develop health risks later in life.
6. The buyer agrees that he/she is buying this dog primarily as a personal or family companion even though the dog may have a show or breeding quality structure.
7. The buyer understands that Schaffer’s Haus German Shepherds is a seasonal operation, all sales are final and are non-refundable.
1. The deposit fee is TRANSFERABLE,
- If the buyer deposits a reservation fee on a puppy and fails to take the said puppy within the date of release, his/her reservation fee shall be transferred to our future litter WITHIN TWO YEARS of the reservation date.
- If the buyer deposits a reservation fee, then he/she wishes to take another puppy from the same litter.
- If the buyer chooses to take a puppy from another litter, In this case, the transferred reservation fee shall be adjusted based on a puppy at a higher price.
2. The deposit fee is INVALID,
- For a puppy older than 12 weeks of age. We claim the remaining purchase price if the buyer wishes to keep the puppy under her/his name for a more extended period. Suppose the buyer fails paying the remaining purchase price until the puppy is 12 weeks old, her/his reserved puppy will be rereleased FOR SALE, and the reservation fee will be automatically transferred to another younger available puppy of equal value.
- For a puppy to be enrolled in puppy training courses such as “puppy class” and “obedience training,” the buyer shall pay the total purchase price to start training the puppy.
3. The deposit fee is PARTIALLY REFUNDABLE within 30 days,
- If the fee is deposited for a specific gender of an unborn puppy and it happens that there won’t be available puppies of that gender in the litter, and the buyer doesn’t yearn to wait for future litters,50% of the reservation fee will be refunded.
- If the buyer fixes an appointment to visit the puppies or their parents but skips to buy a puppy from us, only 50% of the reservation fee will be refunded. If the buyer drops the appointment on that specific date, we reschedule for another date with no additional cost.
- In the event of the puppy’s death, the reservation fee shall be transferred to another available puppy of equal value; if there is no available puppy, and the buyer unwilling to wait for future litters, 50% of the reservation fee will be refunded.
4. The deposit fee is NON-REFUNDABLE,
- If the buyer backs out on getting a puppy from us, 100% of the reservation fee will be forfeited.
1. The bitch should be
- At least 2yrs old, registered with the AKC, or another applicable registry to analyze her pedigree in detail and the goals for breeding to make both owners are in the same terms.
- OFA certified for any genetic conditions.
2. The owner of the bitch should present
- The proof of the numbers that the bitch was bred, as having litters with every heat cycle is not healthy for the bitch or her puppies.
- Health card and detailed health records indicating that all vaccinations, wormers are up to date, and the dog is protected against tick and fleas.
- The result of Complete Blood Count to prove that the bitch is in general good health and free of canine brucellosis or leptospirosis examined by a vet 2 to 5 days before mating.
- The progesterone test result to ensure and determine the exact date of ovulation.
3. In natural breeding,
- The bitch should be brought to our location three times alternate from the first day of ovulation till the 5th day.
- The owner of the bitch should shoulder the shooter’s fee of $20 per session. If the bitch remains in our location, the total price of $150 for six days shall be shouldered by the bitch’s owner before mating.
4. In artificial breeding,
- The bitch owner should inseminate the fresh, chilled semen three times within five days of collection. He/she should be able to provide us with the proof of insemination.
- The owner of the bitch should shoulder all the fees, including the procedure fees of semen evaluation, and certification at $70 and shipping fee at $80.
5. The owner of the bitch understands that it’s never 100% insured for bitch to conceive. If the bitch doesn’t conceive, with the proof of abdominal X-ray on day 45 after mating, we offer FREE back stud. If the bitch owner doesn’t want to breed anymore, 50% of the STUD FEE will be refunded within 30 days.